The Great Books Guide 2017 has just been released by BookTrust as part of Children’s Book Week, a celebration of reading for pleasure at schools.
This year the list includes picks for the youngest bookworms aged three and under, and is a great starting point for parents wanted to get reading with their child.
Each one is selected for their ability to excite and engage, rather than being a “best ever” or “must-read” list, and all of them were published in the last year.
Here are the books that made the cut:
- A Busy Day For Birds by Lucy Cousins (Walker)
- Baby’s First Days: On The Move, illustrated by Mojca Dollinear (Pat-a-Cake)
- Baby’s Very First Play Book: Shop Words by Fiona Watt, illustrated by Stella Baggott (Usborne)
- Babytime For Little Rabbit by Jorg Muhle, illustrated by Eve Erikson and translated from German by Catherine Chidgey (Gecko Press)
- Everybunny Dance! by Ellie Sandall (Hodder Children’s Books)
- Fruit in Suits by Jared Chapman (Abrams)
- Kiki and Bobo’s Sunny Day by Yasmeen Ismail (Walker)
- Lois Looks For Bob At The Park by Gerry Turley (Nosy Crow)
- Making Faces: A Book of Emotions, photographs by Molly Magnuson and book design by Alyssa Nassner (Abrams Appleseed)
- Quiet! by Kate Alizadeh (Child’s Play)
- Super Rabbit by Stephanie Blake (Gecko Press)
- This Bear, That Bear by Sian Wheatcroft (Templar)
You can find out more about these books, as well as see the full Great Books Guide 2017, at the BookTrust website